Definition of horned lizard in English:
An American lizard that somewhat resembles a toad, with spiny skin and large spines on the head, typically occurring in dry open country. Also called horned toad.
- Genus Phrynosoma, family Iguanidae: several species, in particular the Texas horned lizard (P. cornutum) and the regal horned lizard (P. solare)
- Sea turtles, grizzly bears, piping plovers, flat-tailed horned lizards, manatees and pygmy owls are among the wildlife whose survival has already become more tentative on Norton's watch.
- By studying the horned lizards, scientists hope to better understand the complexity of the lizards' habitat, halt their steady decline, and find ways for man and reptile to coexist peacefully.
- In coastal regions of California, the ant is contributing to a sharp decline in the population of coastal horned lizards.
Definition of horned lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan