Definition of horned viper in English:
A venomous nocturnal snake with an upright projection over each eye, native to the sandy deserts of North Africa and Arabia. It moves in the same way as the sidewinder.
- Cerastes cerastes, family Viperidae
- When it slithers, the horned viper slides sideways across the sand in what is known as sidewinding.
- The name horned viper comes from the small scale-covered horns just above the eyes of this particular snake.
- The horned viper can grow to lengths of up to 2 ft.
Definition of horned viper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.