Definition of horned viper in English:
A venomous nocturnal snake with an upright projection over each eye, native to the sandy deserts of North Africa and Arabia. It moves in the same way as the sidewinder.
- Cerastes cerastes, family Viperidae
- When it slithers, the horned viper slides sideways across the sand in what is known as sidewinding.
- The name horned viper comes from the small scale-covered horns just above the eyes of this particular snake.
- The horned viper can grow to lengths of up to 2 ft.
Definition of horned viper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan