- A line or surface containing all those points in space whose images fall on corresponding points of the retinas of the two eyes.More example sentences
- All the points common to both the horizontal and vertical line horopters have the same direction in each eye.
- The difference you notice in your ability to read the brochure is caused by the vertical horopter.
- The experimentally determined horopter deviates from the Vieth-Muller circle and is closer to the objective frontal plane passing through the fixation point.
early 18th century: from Greek horos 'limit' + optēr 'person who looks'.
More definitions of horopterDefinition of horopter in:
- The British & World English dictionary