- A belt of calm air and sea occurring in both the northern and southern hemispheres between the trade winds and the westerlies.More example sentences
- Of course, with subscription and newsstand sales both stuck in the horse latitudes, the temptation to ‘manage’ circulation remains great.
- If you're bound for the horse latitudes, L.L. Bean's Roll-Up Panama Hat sheds water and is as airy as a Bermuda veranda.
- He comes up with a nice line in bumptious hyperbole in tribute to the acres of print spilled during our recent, prolonged spell in the horse latitudes of politics.
late 18th century: of uncertain origin.
More definitions of horse latitudesDefinition of horse latitudes in:
- The British & World English dictionary