Definition of horse mackerel in English:
A shoaling edible fish of the eastern Atlantic, commercially fished in southern African waters. Also called scad.
- Trachurus trachurus, family Carangidae
- The report said NamSea had increased catches of industrial fish like horse mackerel and anchovies and that NamSea will not pay a dividend to shareholders this year.
- The Baltic fishing boats targeted cod, herring, sprat, flounder and salmon, while the high seas fleet went after redfish, mackerel, horse mackerel, sardinella, shrimp and blue whiting and in total landed 140,000 tonnes.
- This EU ruling has resulted in any landings of herring (excluding Celtic Sea Herring) mackerel and horse mackerel exceeding 10 tonnes being weighed.
Definition of horse mackerel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.