Definition of horseback in English:
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a daring horseback rescue [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
- After that she never rode horseback in the parade again.
- We would ride so far and so long when I was a kid, that I would fall asleep horseback and fall off.
- on (or by) horseback
- Mounted on a horse.Example sentences
- Both were a very long walk or ride on horseback over rough country, especially after a week's hard work.
- Dancing and riding on horseback were good, although they didn't mention jogging.
- If the four-hour walk sounds like a bit much then adventurers can go on horseback or by horse drawn carriage.
Definition of horseback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.