Definition of horseback in English:
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a daring horseback rescue [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- We stop by the lake for a coffee and takakau (Maori bread) before one last ride up the hill to finish our horseback journey.
- Other activities include boat cruise, bush dinners, lion walks and encounter, crocodile farm tours and horseback safaris.
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
on (or by) horseback
- Mounted on a horse.Example sentences
- Both were a very long walk or ride on horseback over rough country, especially after a week's hard work.
- Dancing and riding on horseback were good, although they didn't mention jogging.
- If the four-hour walk sounds like a bit much then adventurers can go on horseback or by horse drawn carriage.
Words that rhyme with horsebackoutback
Definition of horseback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia