adjective & adverb
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a daring horseback rescue [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- We stop by the lake for a coffee and takakau (Maori bread) before one last ride up the hill to finish our horseback journey.
- Other activities include boat cruise, bush dinners, lion walks and encounter, crocodile farm tours and horseback safaris.
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
on (or by) horseback
- Mounted on a horse.More example sentences
- Both were a very long walk or ride on horseback over rough country, especially after a week's hard work.
- Dancing and riding on horseback were good, although they didn't mention jogging.
- If the four-hour walk sounds like a bit much then adventurers can go on horseback or by horse drawn carriage.
Definition of horseback in:
- The British & World English dictionary