- A manufacturer or seller of hosiery.More example sentences
- The guild, which is mentioned in records as early as 1386 but could have been established before that date, was set-up as a kind of trade union to represent tailors, drapers and hosiers.
- In 1830, Bazin's invention was still at Ipswich and the inventor still dreamed of perfecting it so he could sell his patent rights to English hosiers.
- While attempts in England were made to power the hand frame, innovation was slowed by the huge capital investment of leading hosiers who owned and rented hand frames to low-paid British frame workers.
More definitions of hosierDefinition of hosier in:
- The British & World English dictionary