- Louse-borne typhus acquired in overcrowded, insanitary conditions in an old-fashioned hospital.More example sentences
- Joseph Lister's experiments with antiseptics revolutionised 19 th-century surgery, reducing deaths from ‘hospital fever’.
- About two weeks after I entered the hospital I took hospital fever and was delirious for two or three weeks.
- Tilton's log hut hospitals were found to be very conducive to the recovery of soldiers from hospital fever.
More definitions of hospital feverDefinition of hospital fever in:
- The British & World English dictionary