Definition of hospitality in English:
The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
- Even in an age of mass tourism, many Cypriots still regard visitors as honoured guests and offer hospitality to total strangers.
- Both were spellbound by the courtesy, hospitality, helpfulness and friendliness of the African people.
- The fundamental test of justice is one of hospitality to the stranger.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting the business of housing or entertaining visitors: the hospitality industry
More example sentences
- A rally was organised by various business houses in the hospitality industry.
- Licensing trust members are elected under the Sale of Liquor Act to operate businesses in the hospitality industry.
- He said 80 percent of them were now employed within the hospitality sector and various business houses.