Definition of hostel in English:
1An establishment that provides inexpensive food and lodging for a specific group of people, such as students, workers, or travelers.
- Volunteers from the shop also give talks in local hostels and provide cheap clothing to them.
- If you're traveling solo, a hostel can be cheaper than a hotel.
- The hostels for Gujjar students established during the tenure of Sheikh Abdullah in the late 1970s are far from adequate to meet the rising demand.
1.1 short for youth hostel.
- We stayed at this little town called Port Campbell in a YHA hostel that provided backpackers' accommodation for 18 dollars a night.
- The hostel provides free luggage storage, so I won't be burdened with a pack that's larger than my torso.
- The YMCA continues to provide social, sporting, and recreational activities, as well as hostel accommodation.