Definition of hosteling in English:
The practice of staying in youth hostels when traveling.
- However, if you are traveling alone or with another person, hostelling is something you might want to explore.
- And with hostelling, it doesn't matter how many bad things you see, you need to come back to the basics - people want cleanliness and comfort.
- I had done a fair bit of hostelling myself and liked the idea of an outdoor-related job, meeting all the different kinds of people who visit hostels.
- Example sentences
- I met families visiting museums, parents instructing children in their country's history, Chinese hostellers, so keen to improve their English that they asked me to share their meal-times and even their walking group on the Great Wall!
- David and Carol come here every year and spend two weeks at Inverey enjoying the hills and the birds and feeding hostellers with rock cakes - and it is this volunteering that ensures some of the more remote hostels can stay open to visitors.
- He was found shortly before 11 am yesterday by a group of hillwalkers who were visiting the area which is part of the scenic Wicklow Way route and popular with hostellers.
Definition of hosteling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.