Definition of hosteling in English:
The practice of staying in youth hostels when traveling.
- However, if you are traveling alone or with another person, hostelling is something you might want to explore.
- And with hostelling, it doesn't matter how many bad things you see, you need to come back to the basics - people want cleanliness and comfort.
- I had done a fair bit of hostelling myself and liked the idea of an outdoor-related job, meeting all the different kinds of people who visit hostels.
- Example sentences
- I met families visiting museums, parents instructing children in their country's history, Chinese hostellers, so keen to improve their English that they asked me to share their meal-times and even their walking group on the Great Wall!
- David and Carol come here every year and spend two weeks at Inverey enjoying the hills and the birds and feeding hostellers with rock cakes - and it is this volunteering that ensures some of the more remote hostels can stay open to visitors.
- He was found shortly before 11 am yesterday by a group of hillwalkers who were visiting the area which is part of the scenic Wicklow Way route and popular with hostellers.
Definition of hosteling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan