- A witness who is antagonistic to the party calling them and, being unwilling to tell the truth, may have to be cross-examined by the party.More example sentences
- In my amended written submission before the honourable court I pointed out 52 instances where the primary judge accepted the lies of hostile witnesses as truth and totally disregarded any evidence which was in my favour.
- The Court also held that the Magistrate's decision not to declare the police officer a hostile witness was discretionary and did not involve an error of law.
- The only evidence inculpating him in the offence was that of a 17-year-old person who was declared a hostile witness at trial in order to extract the evidence inculpating him.
More definitions of hostile witnessDefinition of hostile witness in:
- The British & World English dictionary