- A man employed to look after the horses of people staying at an inn.More example sentences
- It didn't take long to pack things up with nine thousand men - not counting the servants, cooks, healers, horse hostlers, officers, and other assorted peoples - to do the work.
- Erial smiled gratefully as the hostler brought up three horses.
- Baning was employed there as an hostler, and to that extent he was entirely within his rights.
late Middle English: from Old French hostelier 'innkeeper', from hostel (see hostel).
More definitions of hostlerDefinition of hostler in:
- The British & World English dictionary