Definition of hot press in English:
1A device in which paper or cloth is pressed between glazed boards and hot metal plates in order to produce a smooth or glossy surface.
- The kitchen has a range of storage units, a hot press and a shelved pantry.
- On this floor there is also a double-width hot press with plenty of storage space, and the family bathroom, which has lots of built-in storage and a double bath.
- This usually involved a hot press or rollers sealing Mylar plastic onto your item.
verb(hot-press) [with object] Back to top
Press with a hot press.
- In 1946, Irmann and co-workers were preparing rod specimens for spectrographic analysis by hot pressing mixtures of pure aluminum and other metal powders.
- With an appropriate bulk composition it might be possible to use this to generate a ceramic or synroc-like waste form without the costs and hazards associated with pre-disposal hot pressing etc.
Definition of hot press in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan