(also houbara bustard)
Definition of houbara in English:
A bustard of arid open country and semidesert, found from the Canary Islands to central Asia and threatened by hunting.
- Chlamydotis undulata, family Otidae
- Superbly adapted to arid environments, wild houbaras do not need to drink water but manage to get all the moisture they need from their food.
- Her foxiness must have left a lasting impression on the young houbaras, because significantly more birds in the ‘trained’ group survived.
- The captive-bred houbaras missed out on these lessons, and many paid the price.
Definition of houbara in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.