- A large checked pattern with notched corners suggestive of a canine tooth, typically used in cloth for jackets and suits.More example sentences
- He usually wore a houndstooth jacket and a thin tie.
- Different fabrics and textures, such as tweed with satin, fur trim with wool flannel or bold stripes and a small houndstooth pattern, will satisfy your eclectic character.
- The men there are in bolder than bold houndstooths and outsize checks that, even though they are being modelled by a boy from Adrossan, wouldn't be worn on a night out on the Clyde coast.
More definitions of houndstoothDefinition of houndstooth in:
- The British & World English dictionary