- The state of being kept as a prisoner in one’s own house, rather than in a prison: she was placed under house arrestMore example sentences
- The primary distinction to be made is between terms of house arrest and incarceration.
- Mr Clarke has responded by taking powers to keep all terrorist suspects under house arrest outside prison.
- He was held in custody for almost four months and then released under house arrest.
More definitions of house arrestDefinition of house arrest in:
- The British & World English dictionary