- 1A brand name used exclusively by a retailer (or a selected group of retailers) for a product or line of products that are typically sold for prices lower than that of comparable items with manufacturer brand names.More example sentences
- Last year, the supermarket needed a new soft drink quickly for its house brand.
- The company founders' descendants have collectively owned the licence to manufacturer mattresses and house brand bedding in Australia for more than 60 years.
- Diphenhydramine is found in many over-the-counter products, including house brand allergy pills.
- 1.1A product bearing a brand name used by the retailer and sold for a lower price: don’t get the expensive coffee, get the house brandMore example sentences
- Premium branded milk is always higher than house brands.
- The brands were expensive, the basic house brands were inexpensive.
- How can I compare price on a house brand if I don't have that brand name to stack it up against?