- 1A domestic cat, especially one kept as a household pet: the most surprising thing they found is that the majority of the house cats weren’t huntersMore example sentences
- After reviewing an average of 37 hours of footage per cat, researchers found that 30% of the roaming house cats were successful in killing prey.
- We found that house cats will kill a wide variety of animals, including: lizards, voles, chipmunks, birds, frogs, and small snakes.
- Every moving object poses a danger to drivers, from tumbleweeds to house cats crossing the road at night.
- 1.1A pet cat that is kept exclusively indoors: it could be that Penelope is a house cat and isn’t used to being outdoorsMore example sentences
- About three months ago the Gomez family's house cat escaped through an open door.
- I should have made house cats out of them, even though they never had been when I rescued them.
- This just underscores the fact that house cats are in grave danger when they're allowed outside the home.
More definitions of house catDefinition of house cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary