- 1A charismatic church independent of traditional denominations, especially one meeting in a private house.More example sentences
- The aid group describes the churches as ‘independent house churches with thousands of believers who choose not to register their Christian activities with the Communist government.’
- In striking contrast to the large and very visible Catholic churches, house churches and unmarked church buildings mask to the casual observer the true extent of the Protestant presence here.
- Suddenly I ran into him at a conference in his new identity as pastor for an obscure little house church in San Francisco.
More definitions of house churchDefinition of house church in:
- The British & World English dictionary