Definition of house gecko in English:
A large-eyed nocturnal gecko of the Old World tropics, occupying a range of habitats including houses.
- Hemidactylus, Gehyra, and other genera, family Gekkonidae: several species, including H. mabouia of Africa and tropical America, and G. mutilata of Asia
- You absolutely need a cover or house geckos run up the glass, take a flying leap, and hit the floor running.
- Instead, the house geckos loitered near the lights, snaring all the insects they could eat.
- Up to 800 adult house geckos have been caught in one night from one market near Jakarta.
Definition of house gecko in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan