- A place of religious worship, especially a church.More example sentences
- I personally have always believed that God is with me wherever I am and have always looked upon the church as a house of God, whatever that church may be Catholic, Buddhist, whatever.
- Those who forbid women from worshipping in the house of God, he says, winding up his argument, ‘will be held answerable in God's court’.
- Such domes had previously been reserved for churches - that is, for the houses of God, not those of man.
More definitions of house of GodDefinition of house of God in:
- The British & World English dictionary