- An institution for the short-term confinement of minor offenders.More example sentences
- In the end, she had to be confined to the Haarlem house of correction because she became uncontrollable.
- Edward VI had supplied one of the royal palaces to serve as a house of correction for the poor, known as Bridewell.
- By 1842, treadmills were employed in 109 of 200 jails and houses of correction.
More definitions of house of correctionDefinition of house of correction in:
- The British & World English dictionary