The action of breaking into a building, especially in daytime, to commit a crime.
More example sentences
- He had been arrested for more than 40 crimes in the previous year - for offences that included housebreaking, theft and vandalism.
- There is a broad body of research highlighting the link between drug use and property crimes such as housebreaking and theft.
- The suspect is due in court here shortly on charges of kidnapping, housebreaking and theft.
- More example sentences
- They may be housebreakers or criminals but I can excuse them.
- Neither authority can be unaware that dark streets are an invitation for potential housebreakers and thugs to call round.
- One of Swindon's most prolific housebreakers who committed more than 70 burglaries in the town is back behind bars.
Definition of housebreaking in:
- The British & World English dictionary