- The trade or activity of building houses.More example sentences
- He has also sought to rebalance the business, building up its housebuilding and property development arms and de-emphasising the focus on pure contracting work.
- Hunting was primarily a male activity everywhere, housebuilding and agriculture primarily female, while work with livestock varied among ethnic groups.
- Construction and housebuilding is one industry that can be badly affected by a recession.
- More example sentences
- It is expected to announce tomorrow it has strengthened its position in the English housebuilding market with the purchase of another north of England housebuilder for around #30 million.
- It is a boom fuelled by constraints on planning consents for housebuilders plus relatively low interest rates for mortgage borrowers.
- Speculation has grown around other firms in the building products sector - and a handful of housebuilders.
More definitions of housebuildingDefinition of housebuilding in:
- The British & World English dictionary