- The basic monetary unit of Ukraine, equal to 100 kopiykas.More example sentences
- Stadnyk gets a pension worth about 150 hryvnias a month while needing at least US $200 just to order a pair of shoes.
- Now, you can take a guided tour for the low price of 10 hryvnias.
- In one day, 16,000 transfers were made into the account, which eventually grew to 25 million hryvnas ($4.9 million.)
from Ukrainian gryvnya '3-kopek coin of pre-independent Ukraine', from Old Russian grivina 'necklace, ring, coin'.
More definitions of hryvnaDefinition of hryvna in:
- The British & World English dictionary