- A leather-thonged sandal, originally worn by Mexican Indians.More example sentences
- Items such as sarapes (serapes, or shawls) and huaraches, as well as other clothing symbolic of Mexican American culture, were displayed and worn with pride.
- O.K., her hair was long and she wore huaraches, bought bead earrings and Navajo bracelets, and liked embroidered Indian blouses and full skirts covered with stars or flowers.
- Today, the river is so dried up by rip-and-run logging that you can cross it without getting your huaraches wet.
late 19th century: Mexican Spanish.
More definitions of huaracheDefinition of huarache in:
- The British & World English dictionary