Definition of Hudsonian in English:
1Of or relating to Hudson Bay and the surrounding land.
- The breeding range of the Hudsonian Godwit is perhaps best described as enigmatic.
- These photographs are provided to help you identify members of the Hudsonian Godwit species and are provided here courtesy of the individual photographers, who retain copyright.
- This plant is common in the Hudsonian meadows and generally inhabits the drier soils on south and west exposures.
1.1 Biology Denoting a biogeographical zone represented by the territory around the bay (north of the tree line from Labrador to Alaska).
- He took great interest in the area's overlap of two major ‘life zones’ Hudsonian and Arctic - with its significant ecological and cultural implications.
- Perfect for Hudsonian and based on my experiences did not look like a variegatus.
- My objective in all cases was the beautiful park-like country lying in the Hudsonian zone.
Definition of Hudsonian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.