- An acacia tree with violet-scented flowers that yield an essential oil used in perfumery, native to warm regions of America and cultivated elsewhere. Also called sweet acacia, sponge tree.
More example sentences
- Acacia farnesiana, family Leguminosae
- Fort Clark Springs is Trans-Pecos brushland with a manicured golf course dominated by honey mesquite, huisache, and Acacia spp.
- Comanche Lookout Park hosts combinations of ashe juniper, Texas and Mexican buckeye, as well as chinaberry, graneno, Lindheimer hackberry, honey mesquite, huisache, and more.
- But, not so apparent, the ground under the mesquites and huisaches was dry, and the underbrush was parched.