- A dance performed by Hawaiian women, characterized by six basic steps, undulating hips, and gestures symbolizing or imitating natural phenomena or historical or mythological subjects.More example sentences
- A brief featurette that looks at animating the hula dancing, an important part of Hawaiian culture.
- Many of today's performers have had more formal dance training than their predecessors, embellishing the old bump-and-grind with samba, tap, belly dancing, jazz, hula, even capoeira.
- Join in the revelry with the six-man entertainment group as they perform hula dances to the tune of Hawaiian guitars and songs.
early 19th century: Hawaiian.
More definitions of hulaDefinition of hula in:
- The British & World English dictionary