(also trademark Hula-Hoop)
Definition of hula hoop in English:
A large hoop spun around the body by gyrating the hips, for play or exercise.
- You've got the Heavy Hoop, a three-pound hula hoop designed by a personal trainer.
- But it's like asking people in plastics research why the hula hoop was successful.
- Like the yo-yo, the hula hoop, and the Mohican haircut, vehicle fads come and go.
verb(hula-hoop) [no object] (usually as noun hula-hooping) Back to top
Spin a hula hoop around the body by gyrating the hips: hula-hooping is back, and adults, rather than children, are driving the new craze
More example sentences
- She was the amateur video gamer who won millions of YouTube fans by hula hooping.
- She swung her hips in what looked like a parody of an uncoordinated child learning to hula-hoop.
- We had a good time, there was lots of hula hooping.
Definition of hula hoop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan