Definition of human resources in English:
1The personnel of a business or organization, especially when regarded as a significant asset.
- People are treated as human resources and expected to follow organizational job descriptions, rules, and procedures.
- Among these were addressing new skills, investing in human resources and valuing learning.
- However, major investments in human resources are planned, to increase the skill level of the Pakistani workforce.
1.1The department of a business or organization that deals with the hiring, administration, and training of personnel: director of human resources at the company
More example sentences
- Its senior management, human resources, IT and administration work from Yorkshire.
- When such an attack is under way, computing as well as human resources are directed to dealing with the attack.
- Its department of human resources has a new way to promote job openings.
Definition of human resources in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.