Definition of humify in English:
verb (humifies, humifying, humified)[with object]
Convert (plant remains) into humus.
- Composting radically transforms various organic substances, it mineralizes the readily assimilable materials and humifies them into more complex compounds.
- Wormcast has been ‘processed’ by our worker earthworms which humify the soil enabling the nutrients within the soil to be made available to the plants but slowly released.
- Example sentences
- A Slovenian company has developed a highly efficient humification of all kinds of biological sludge.
- The content of carboxylic acids in the humic acids had increased after humification for about a year.
- The soil carbon cycle shows the sources and sinks for atmospheric carbon dioxide, with an emphasis on the two-stage process of humification.
Words that rhyme with humifytumefy
Definition of humify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan