- A member of a nomadic people who live chiefly by hunting, fishing, and harvesting wild food.More example sentences
- His primarily interest is in the Penan people, who live as hunter-gatherers in the forests.
- Over the centuries, they consolidated their power by trading portions of their harvests to the hunter-gatherers for land, as well as through inter-marriage.
- The two books reviewed here examine Spanish-native interactions and efforts to establish missions among groups of largely nomadic hunter-gatherers.
More definitions of hunter-gathererDefinition of hunter-gatherer in:
- The British & World English dictionary