- (Of a naval vessel, especially a submarine) equipped to locate and destroy enemy vessels, especially other submarines.More example sentences
- Modern antisubmarine warfare is conducted by three major naval platforms: hunter-killer submarines; surface ships such as frigates and destroyers; and maritime patrol aircraft.
- Five of the Royal Navy's hunter-killer submarines have been found to be clear of the defect which forced HMS Tireless to put in at Gibraltar for repairs.
- In addition, one of the Navy's hunter-killer nuclear submarines had also been operating in the region, paying a port visit to Bahrain earlier in the year.
More definitions of hunter-killerDefinition of hunter-killer in:
- The British & World English dictionary