- An oil lamp with a glass chimney, designed to protect the flame even in high winds.More example sentences
- As we talked by the light of a flickering hurricane lamp, some soldiers knelt on a prayer mat nearby.
- It gave six to seven times more light than the common hurricane lamp.
- If there was thick fog, a man wearing a white apron would stand by the jack with a hurricane lamp so that play could continue.
More definitions of hurricane lampDefinition of hurricane lamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary