noun (plural husbandmen)• archaic
- A person who cultivates the land; a farmer.More example sentences
- Labourers are they who provide us with sustenance, the ploughmen and husbandmen devoted to that alone.
- Most people in Brand are husbandmen and artisans of many a craft, who spend their entire lives within sight of their homes.
- They employ also a great number of manufacturers and tradesmen, and lastly the class of laboring husbandmen.
More definitions of husbandmanDefinition of husbandman in:
- The British & World English dictionary