Definition of husbandry in English:
1The care, cultivation, and breeding of crops and animals: crop husbandry
More example sentences
- They have opened the way to a new phase in the history of agriculture, animal breeding and husbandry.
- First off, I don't really know all that much about animal breeding, husbandry, land use or butchery, and am bound to make a lot of mistakes.
- This included sound nutrition based on good crop husbandry and spacious accommodation combined with good stockmanship, skills which he had learnt through his family background in cattle farming in the UK.
2Management and conservation of resources.
- For a country legendary for thrift and good husbandry, this is a disgraceful display of profligacy.
- This performance depends on, you guessed it, good husbandry of the economy.
- I have attempted to ask the council why no pruning and general husbandry has taken place but have received no reply on this issue.
Words that rhyme with husbandryBunbury • loganberry
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan