Definition of hustler in English:
nouninformal , chiefly North American
1An aggressively enterprising person; a go-getter.
- In his world of small-time hustlers, grouchy thugs and laconic crimefighters, there's always somebody with a new angle to work or a new beef to settle.
- He's a thief, hustler, scamster, con man, who enjoys ripping off friends, family, waiters, old ladies, etc.
- I shall meet some con men and hustlers, too, I suppose.
- Frank acknowledged that he had had a relationship with the hustler but denied he knew about the prostitution ring.
- They make money all year round and so are a great club to work for - but be warned, the night girls are hustlers and competition is fierce.
- ‘I come from a street level, I was a hustler on the street, that was my thing,’ Kelly says.
Words that rhyme with hustlerrustler
Definition of hustler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.