Definition of hustler in English:
nouninformal , chiefly North American
1An aggressively enterprising person; a go-getter.
- In his world of small-time hustlers, grouchy thugs and laconic crimefighters, there's always somebody with a new angle to work or a new beef to settle.
- He's a thief, hustler, scamster, con man, who enjoys ripping off friends, family, waiters, old ladies, etc.
- I shall meet some con men and hustlers, too, I suppose.
- Frank acknowledged that he had had a relationship with the hustler but denied he knew about the prostitution ring.
- They make money all year round and so are a great club to work for - but be warned, the night girls are hustlers and competition is fierce.
- ‘I come from a street level, I was a hustler on the street, that was my thing,’ Kelly says.
Words that rhyme with hustlerrustler
Definition of hustler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan