noun (plural same or hutongs)
- A narrow lane or alleyway in a traditional residential area of a Chinese city, especially Beijing.More example sentences
- There are very few lights in a hutong at night.
- Last week I visited some friends in the evening, in a tiny little hutong near the Drum Tower.
- Outside the temple you may find some locals who will offer their rickshaw hutongs tours.
Chinese hútòng, probably from Mongolian gudum.
More definitions of hutongDefinition of hutong in:
- The British & World English dictionary