- Glassy; transparent.More example sentences
- The hyaloid artery lies in the hyaloid canal, or canal of Cloquet, and is a branch of the central artery of the retina, or one of its retinal distribution.
- The wall of Cloquet's canal consists of multifenestrated sheaths, previously basal lamina of hyaloid artery.
- Some floaters are remnants of the hyaloid artery, which usually disintegrates before birth.
mid 19th century: from French hyaloïde, or via late Latin from Greek hualoeidēs 'like glass', from hualos 'glass'.
More definitions of hyaloidDefinition of hyaloid in:
- The British & World English dictionary