Definition of hyaluronic acid in English:
A viscous fluid carbohydrate present in connective tissue, synovial fluid, and the humors of the eye.
- Other therapies include corticosteroids, hyaluronic acid and glucosamine.
- The detachment occurs because following the surgical removal of the lens during cataract surgery, vitreous hyaluronic acid may pass into the anterior chamber and escape through the trabecular meshwork.
- These cells are fed elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid from the dermis and their function is to filter out impurities and to provide a smooth appearance.
- Example sentences
- The formation of ground-state complexes of methylene blue and thionine with sodium hyaluronate was clearly observed by means of absorption spectra in aqueous solution.
- This cleanser packs a moisturizing cocktail of sodium hyaluronate and camellia oil.
- Proteoglycans are long chain polysaccharides linked to hyaluronate that are negatively charged and hold water within the cartilage by osmotic pressure, thus maintaining the tension of the collagen mesh.
Definition of hyaluronic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.