Definition of hydrangea in English:
A shrub or climbing plant with rounded or flattened flowering heads of small florets, the outer ones of which are typically infertile. Hydrangeas are native to Asia and America.
- Genus Hydrangea, family Hydrangeaceae: many species, in particular late (or panicled) hydrangea (H. paniculata), an ornamental shrub that blooms in late summer, and bigleaf hydrangea (H. macrophylla), commonly grown for florists and as a houseplant
- Or, let a climbing hydrangea blur the rigid lines of a stucco wall.
- A climbing hydrangea, honeysuckle and cotoneaster behaved in similar fashion until their third year, when they all finally took off.
- With the shortage of good all-summer plants, hydrangeas deserve a spot in everyone's garden.
Words that rhyme with hydrangeaarranger, changer, danger, endanger, exchanger, Grainger, manger, ranger, stranger
Definition of hydrangea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan