- A steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex and used medicinally to treat inflammation resulting from eczema and rheumatism.More example sentences
- These drugs mimic the effects of the hormones cortisone and hydrocortisone, which are naturally produced by your adrenal glands.
- Regulation of the hormone hydrocortisone means that the ginseng helps control metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, protein, fluids and inflammation.
- In fact, in the 1940s, up until the introduction of steroids such as hydrocortisone, fatty acids were the primary treatment for eczema.
More definitions of hydrocortisoneDefinition of hydrocortisone in:
- The British & World English dictionary