noun[usually with modifier] Biochemistry
- An enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of a particular substance by hydrogen.More example sentences
- It is now known to be responsible for a set of genes, including those for formate hydrogenase.
- It is the biological redox partner of the periplasmic hydrogenase.
- Immunogold labeling allowed colocalization of hydrogenase and double-stranded DNA in the hydrogenosomes of the ciliate.
More definitions of hydrogenaseDefinition of hydrogenase in:
- The British & World English dictionary