Definition of hydroponics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid, with added nutrients but without soil.
- He said processes such as hydroponics and growboxes are big cash generators but require start-up capital.
- He later branched into dog-breeding and vegetables grown by hydroponics.
- Don't forget alternatives like hydroponics, water gardens, air gardens etc.
- Example sentences
- The United States and Canada each have between 1,500 and 2,000 acres of hydroponic greenhouse vegetable production.
- A fully stocked hydroponic greenhouse has been installed in the garden for their vegetable needs.
- Additionally, funds will be used to develop a network of hydroponic greenhouse growers.
Definition of hydroponics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.