A crystalline compound made by the reduction of benzoquinone.
- Alternative name: benzene-1,4-diol; chemical formula: C6H4(OH)2
More example sentences
- The creams often contain dangerously high amounts of hydroquinone, a depigmenting chemical that can be harmful or fatal in large doses.
- Bleaching agents include hydroquinone, which is available in 2 to 4 percent creams and gels.
- Cosmetic improvement has been reported with laser therapy or topical treatment with tretinoin or hydroquinone.
More definitions of hydroquinoneDefinition of hydroquinone in:
- The British & World English dictionary