Definition of hydroquinone in English:
A crystalline compound made by the reduction of benzoquinone.
- Alternative name: benzene-1,4-diol; chemical formula: C6H4(OH)2
- The creams often contain dangerously high amounts of hydroquinone, a depigmenting chemical that can be harmful or fatal in large doses.
- Bleaching agents include hydroquinone, which is available in 2 to 4 percent creams and gels.
- Cosmetic improvement has been reported with laser therapy or topical treatment with tretinoin or hydroquinone.
Definition of hydroquinone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.