verb[with object] (often as adjective hydroxylated) Chemistry
- Introduce a hydroxyl group into (a molecule or compound).More example sentences
- The pheromone has been partially purified and consists of several related molecules similar to hydroxylated fatty acids.
- It appears generally that hydroxylated indoles undergo photodegradation more readily than nonhydroxylated derivatives.
- Both women and men with lupus have been found to have increased concentrations of 16 - hydroxylated estrogens in the serum.
- More example sentences
- During phase I, functional groups are added to the drug, or existing functional groups are transformed through oxidation, reduction, hydroxylation, hydrolysis and so on.
- The effect of hydroxylation of the long fatty acid chain may also promote the adhesion by its participation in hydrogen bonding.
- This analysis indicated that, tentatively, increased stem elongation was accompanied by a promotion of cutin monomer hydroxylation.
More definitions of hydroxylateDefinition of hydroxylate in:
- The British & World English dictionary