Definition of hygienic in English:
Conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially by being clean; sanitary: hygienic conditions
More example sentences
- It was very clean and hygienic, well maintained and the food was marvellous by comparison to what I had experienced abroad.
- Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions.
- Avoidance is the principal medical and hygienic strategy to prevent mold-induced disease.
- Example sentences
- Several of these places were hygienically challenged, with mangy dogs scurrying about, leaking sewage pipes and nowhere to bathe.
- The product extinguishes safely and hygienically, and its airtight design means that smoke odours are locked-in within the pouch.
- Parents should give children food suitable to their temperament, prepared hygienically, pleasant to the taste and yet simple.
Pronunciation: /ˌhīˈjenək(ə)lē/ /ˌhīˈjēnək(ə)lē/adverb
Words that rhyme with hygienicscenic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.