Definition of hymen in English:
A membrane that partially closes the opening of the vagina and whose presence is traditionally taken to be a mark of virginity.
- A thin sheet of tissue with 1 or more holes in it called the hymen partially covers the opening of the vagina.
- Girls frequently have a membrane called the hymen around the vaginal opening.
- Women have a membrane called the hymen that partially covers the entrance to the vagina.
- Example sentences
- The running suture is carried to the hymenal ring and tied proximal to the ring, completing closure of the vaginal mucosa and rectovaginal fascia.
- The most common hymenal configurations are crescentic, annular, cuff-like, septate and fimbriated.
- A vertical incision is made in the vestibule over the center of the cyst and outside the hymenal ring.
Definition of hymen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India